Many people believe they don’t need to carry insurance if they don’t own their home or residence. However, renters insurance is precisely for renters, whether you rent a home, apartment, condo or other dwelling. Renters insurance provides coverage for personal property or belongings (furniture, small appliances, electronics, clothing, jewelry, and other personal valuables). Renters insurance will also help to protect your assets if a guest or visitor is injured in your home as a result of your negligence, and sues you. And finally, if the home you live in needs serious repairs, and you’re unable to live there, renters insurance will cover reasonable and necessary increase in living expenses (housing, food, etc) that you may incur. In fact, some property managers require renters to purchase a renters insurance policy.
Property – It’s easy to underestimate the contents of your home. Use a home inventory checklist to help determine the amount of property coverage that’s appropriate for you.
Liability – Consider all of your assets (cash in the bank, investments, other properties) when deciding how much liability coverage you want to purchase.
Valuables – A renters insurance policy has limits in place for certain kinds of high-value property, such as jewelry, art or musical instruments. If you own these items and they exceed the limits stated in your policy, you may consider purchasing optional Personal Articles Floaters.
Customers are often surprised to discover that renters insurance is very affordable. Often $12-15 per month gets you basic coverage — about $10,000 in personal property coverage and $100,000 in liability. There are always options to increase coverage according to your needs. For example, increasing liability coverage up to $500,000 is typically an additional $50/year (estimated).
Furthermore, having renters insurance qualifies you for a multi-line discount, which can decrease the premiums on your other Farmers Insurance policies, such as auto and life insurance.
Renters insurance is not to be confused with a Landlord Protector policy, which is for owners who rent their home or building out to others. If you have any questions about Farmers Renters or Home Insurance or discounts, please call me at (949) 436-0740.
One of the perks of being a Farmers Insurance customer is the ability to participate in the Farmers Car Buying Service. This website is powered by TrueCar and is a simple and easy way to save you time and money when shopping for a new or used vehicle.
Finding a new or used car is simple with the Farmers Car Buying Service.
- SEE WHAT OTHERS PAID FOR THE CAR YOU WANT – You can research a specific make and model and then select your desired color and options. You can view what others are paying for the new car you want or you can search a vast inventory of used cars.
- GET A DEALER GUARANTEED SAVINGS CERTIFICATE THAT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS OFF MSRP * Obtain in-depth price reports for the new car you want based on real-world pricing data. You also get a Members Savings Certificate with your Estimated Dealer Savings and Pricing as well as your Guaranteed Minimum Savings.** Used car certificates show a guaranteed price.***
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY WHEN YOU WORK WITH A PROGRAM CERTIFIED DEALER Certified Dealers are prescreened to ensure a better car buying experience. Print out your Dealer Guaranteed Savings Certificate with your new car preferences and your Guaranteed Minimum Savings (or your used car information) to lock in your savings for a hassle-free car buying experience. Savings also apply to leasing.
Start your car search now online or call 855-313-9229. And once you find the car of your dreams, learn more about Farmers auto insurance. Then call me for an auto insurance quote and learn about Farmers insurance discounts, towing and roadside assistance, and our teen driver program.
Did you know Farmers offers a Good student discount on auto insurance? The cost of auto insurance is extremely high for high school students. In order to qualify for the discount, your teenage driver must be between the ages of 16 and 24 and enrolled full-time at a high school, college or university. You will also need to provide documentation from that school for the previous quarter or semester that the student had a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 for all subjects OR was included in the “Deans List” or “Honor Roll” in a school that maintains such a list.
The Good Student Discount normally results in a savings of $400-$600 annually on auto insurance. Combining this discount with the Farmers YES discount will save you as much as 60% on the cost of auto insurance for your teenage driver. It is also imperative that young drivers always go to traffic school if they receive a citation or traffic ticket. This ensures that their driving record is clean, and guarantees the lowest possible rates on insurance.
If you have any questions about Farmers auto Insurance or discounts, please call me at (949) 436-0740.
Motorcycle insurance is one of Farmers’ many Specialty Products.
There is broad eligibility with coverage for anything from cruisers to trikes to custom and classic bikes. Coverages range from standard to optional so you can select the exact coverage you want. And you can save money along the way with discounts for multiple units, multiple policies, taking an approved safety course, belonging to certain affinity groups and others.
As an added convenience, the Farmers Specialty Motorcycle program offers an annual policy.
Standard motorcycle insurance coverage includes:
- Collision Coverage
- Other Than Collision Coverage
- Liability Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Safety Apparel Coverage
- Optional Equipment Coverage
Because not everyone’s circumstances are the same, Farmers offers options for extra coverage:
- Increased limits on Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Replacement Cost Total Loss Settlement Coverage
- Increased limits on Optional Equipment Coverage
- Towing and Roadside Assistance with Trip Interruption Coverage
- Coverage on transport trailers valued up to $7,500
Apply for and obtain a California motorcycle license here.
Please call me with any motorcycle insurance questions.
Farmers Insurance recently scored very high in an annual customer satisfaction study. As an agency owner, I have always made customer satisfaction my top priority and I am proud to be associated with an insurance company that, as a whole, does the same.
If you are not a customer of mine, please contact me and let me show you how important your business is to me. If I am already your insurance agent, thank you! Your reviews and referrals are always appreciated.
If you have any questions about Farmers Home and Auto Insurance, please call me at (949) 436-0740.